Saturday, October 3, 2020

How do I introduce new chickens into my flock?

 If you are buying chickens and want to keep them with your current flock, it's important to take a few extra steps to make sure the birds don't fight or pick on each other.


  •   Make sure they are about the same age. Size is not that important. You can mix standard & bantams if they are about the same age. Just don’t mix three-month-olds with mature birds.
  •   The best and easiest way is to put them in a pen that is new to both your current and new chickens. That way it’s not "yours" or "mine". 
  •   If you do not have an extra coop space try separating them within pen you have or putting a cage in the pen until they become used to each other.  

  •   If you have a large outdoor run you might try putting them together in the run during the day and separating them at night in your coop.
  •   They are going to fight some no matter what you do. So keep an eye on them and remember you’re smarter than they are.
As always, ask further questions in the comment section.

--Dale, AKA Turkeyman

2 comments:

  1. I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Mr Benjamin on this topic. gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Mr Benjamin so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.247officedept@gmail.com   WhatsApp    Contact:   +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to limited space, I have to mix different breed of poultry but I am frustrated with their constant cock fighting.

    ReplyDelete